Views:8 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2018-10-12 Origin:Site
Alpha-methylcinnamaldehyde is also an important intermediate for the synthesis of the therapeutic drug epalrestat. As the number of diabetic patients increases, the demand for the drug increases, and the demand for intermediates also increases.
Epalrestat can be used to prevent, ameliorate and treat peripheral neuropathy (numbness, pain) associated with diabetes, an aldose reductase inhibitor, and reversibly inhibit glucose metabolism in polyol metabolism associated with the pathogenesis of diabetic complications. It is converted into an aldose reductase of sorbitol, which is known to affect the function of nerve cells. It accumulates in neurons and causes symptoms of peripheral neuropathy that dictate the sensory movement of diabetes. Abnormal vibrational sensation and abnormal heartbeat (showing a high glycosylated hemoglobin value).
(1) For diabetic patients with diet therapy, exercise therapy, oral hypoglycemic agents or insulin therapy with high glycosylated hemoglobin values. Patients with diabetic peripheral neuropathy with irreversible organic changes are not sure of their effects. When the drug is ineffective for 12 weeks, it should be treated with other methods.
(2) After taking this product, the urine is yellowish brown, which will affect the qualitative test of erythropoietin and ketone body urine. Occasionally, creatinine, bilirubin and aminotransferase are elevated, in addition, erythema, blisters and other symptoms may occur, and should be discontinued and disposed of properly. Pregnant and lactating women are hanged. Oral: Adult 50mg once before meals, 3 times a day. Appropriate increase or decrease with age and symptoms.
(3) After taking this product, the urine is yellowish brown, which will affect the qualitative test of bilirubin and ketone body urine.
(4) occasionally elevated creatinine, bilirubin and aminotransferase, in addition, erythema, blisters and other symptoms may occur, should be discontinued and appropriate disposal.
(5) Not available for pregnant and lactating women.